Sunday 22 July 2012

Dugan & Carney: Clams & Chowder.

 
1. 
“Feeling good about this arvo?”
Not especially but HELLO the Carney and Dugan action – feel the fierce.
After that abomination of a game against the Titans I didn’t pay any attention to the Raiders this entire week. I was all like TALK TO THE HAND - it was the (lopsided) equivalent of a week-long dose of the silent treatment. This ended ten minutes before kickoff when I heard Josh Dugan was back and I yelped “DUGAN AND CARNEY?? LET THE CLAMS MEET THE CHOWDER!”
Obviously, in regards to the actual game, I had no lofty expectations. I left them behind in 2010. Along with a half-finished thesis and any chance of a mentally regular future.    
Trying to foresee what the Raiders will do on any given weekend is an exercise in futility. It’s like expecting Courtney Love to keep her lipstick on straight – you can’t do it. It’s just not feasible.

2. 
 “Toddy looking more meek than fierce.”
I’m enjoying his pain.
“SO.AM.I. Especially that shocking kick!”
"He’s got the wobbles. He needs a stiff drink, steady his nerves."
"Ha! Old fella sitting next to me just said the same thing!"

Todd Carney. He didn’t look so good. When he coughed up the ball at one point I think I heard a muted trombone make a wha-whaaaaaa sound.
I can’t say whether the highly relative assertion that Origin rattled him is right or wrong. But he looked like a young man with more on his mind than in it yesterday.
This concerns me because he seems to have an easy and affectionate nature – one which enables him to patiently suffer the indignities heaped on over the years.

Look at this sweet footage of him giggling with Joey. Is this a man seduced by the allure of cheap bravado and self-hatred? I find it so cute that I can’t tell.


3.
How sharp is Dugan’s game! Dooogz!
“Doooooooogggggggaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!”

Dugan is back. Dugan is fucking gangster. Dugan is a PIMP. Holla.


No comments:

Post a Comment