Tuesday 10 May 2011

Rural Australia's Renee Zellweger

If you know anything at all about life you'd know that Renee Zellweger is an absolute bandit for knee-length gym tights and running shoes. Aside from red carpet outings, girlfriend rocks this combination on a 24/7 basis.


Workout wear, worn without fail. It strikes me as strange, it really does. Now, it's not something I've given a huge amount of thought to, I have far better things to think about/google, obviously - Courtney Love's awesome trashiness, for example, and pictures of Kanye and Amber Rose - but I have had the odd irritated 'why wouldn't you wear something better for chrissakes' thought when encountering pictures of her in said gym wear.


However. Several months ago, when it was still summer, I came to a sudden and jolting realisation, and being me, wrote it down on an envelope and forgot about it. Until now. Vacuuming under my bed never fails to offer up all manner of surprises. Here's what I'd written:

"7:37 Sunday morning reading Famous magazine propped up in bed looking at pictures of Renee Z. in workout wear dawns on me that I am like the rural Australian equivalent replace gym tights with shorty shorts and running shoes with elastic-sided Blundstones of the black rambler variety and WE ARE ONE AND THE SAME / cut from the same cloth GOD"




rural Australia's Renee Zellweger?


oh yah i get it all the time

And, down in the corner, I guess as an aside: "she banged Jim Carrey remember"

1 comment: